Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Simple Chocolate Mud Cupcake





Another chocolate cake post. 

It's a bit ironic when I think of how often I bake chocolate cake or cupcake and meanwhile I, myself, not a fans of chocolate at all. But somehow I like the smell of melted butter combining together with dark chocolate and forming a smooth mixture. I found this simple chocolate mud cake recipe on youtube and right away went to my kitchen to give it a try. 

There's no upcoming birthdays, no events or anything that requires me to bake any cake, but I will just bake some anyway and use it to practice on some new decoration ideas. 

The video comes from the  Simple Cooking Channel on Youtube. Just click on the name and it will direct you right away to the video. 
I didn't bake it in a baking pan, instead I used this batter to make cupcakes.

So, here we go

You might need :

2 cups of self raising flour
1 1/2 cups of castor sugar
200 gram of butter, melted
200 gram of dark chocolate, melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of instant coffee, cooled

Now, let's get your whisk and start beating.....

As always, pre-heat your oven and line-up your muffin tin with cupcake liners before you start mixing all the ingredients together.











Once your chocolate batter is set, pour it evenly to your cupcake tins. Bake it for 20-25 minutes with 180C oven. Or.. until your toothpick test comes out clean.


As you see on the picture above, the top of the cake is cracking. It's ok. In fact those cracks give a better crisp taste to your cake. Crispy above, moist inside. What can you ask more?




No comments:

Post a Comment